If it has been awhile since you’ve purchased window treatments, then you’re in for a pleasant surprise. The industry has come a long way from when Venetian blinds were all the rage.
Today, you can customize your blinds or shades to your precise needs. The design options seem almost limitless, and lifting systems range from child-safe cordless systems to wireless motorized systems. At Aero Drapery & Blind serving Minneapolis, we can help you find the right window treatment with the perfect fit.
Your long-term satisfaction with your window treatments depends on not only their style, but installation and functionality too.
Before you head out in search of new window treatments, consider these questions:
- What is the depth of your window opening or casing?
- Do your windows lift up or have a crank handle?
- What kind of molding do you have around your windows?
- How much room do you have around the molding?
By having this basic information available when you visit our Gallery showroom or schedule your in-home consultation, our window treatment specialists will be able to narrow in on the type of new window treatments that will work best for you, including whether or not to mount them inside or outside your window frame.
INSIDE MOUNT FOR BLINDS OR SHADES
- Providing a cleaner look in the window
- Exposing your molding as an added decorating element
- Complementing, rather than interfering with, draperies
- Reducing energy costs by having the blind or shade lay closer to the glass
OUTSIDE MOUNT FOR BLINDS OR SHADES
- The depth of your window is insufficient for the blind or shade to be mounted inside
- You want the blind or shade to be totally off the window when raised
- There is an obstruction inside the window frame
- You have a unique or irregular window shape
- You don’t want your window trim to show
- Inside mounting would interfere with a window crank handle or alarm sensor
- You want total privacy with no light gap
Choosing Inside or Outside Mount for Window Treatments
Our window treatment experts will help you determine which type of installation is best for your windows and window treatments. Regardless of whether your new blinds or shades are inside or outside mount, they’re sure to provide privacy, sun protection, insulation and style.
Contact ustoday for a complementary in-home consultation!
Aero Drapery & Blind provides custom window treatments, draperies, motorized blinds and shades, shutters and Hunter Douglas window fashions to residents not only in Minneapolis, but in St Paul, Maple Grove, Burnsville, Eden Prairie, Hudson, Woodbury, Plymouth, Eagan, Blaine and Western Wisconsin.